Friday, July 11, 2008

quad measuring all around

it has been brought to my attention that courtenay is now measuring her quads. and now her many triathlete blogger friends are also looking into this great past-time.

nothing makes me happier than a spreading fad; however, i believe the whole point has been lost. huge quads are awesome!!! nothing makes me sadder than seeing numbers in the 40s..... quad shrinkage should never be the goal. courtenay, for you & your readerships' review-- please refer to this old post on how/why we measure our quads. i believe the esprit de corps of the competition is expressed quite well.

this week, i am rocking out at 62.75cm.

but, really, what do i know? apparently garret lau thinks i'm fat.

on other note, friday night racing is tonight. i need to be sure to drink lots of water today, cause crying loads last night doesn't do loads for the hydration!

17 comments:

Garrett Lau said...

You're thin, but not as thin as Courtenay.

Manley Man said...

Measured myself for the first time: 58.5cm. Not too impressive, but then again I'm a stick.

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

in the absolutely biased judgment of member #3 of the "BethNewellHooliganFanClub" ...


courtney's got nothin'.


FRIDAY NIGHT!!!

place_holder said...

your quad measurement is getting close to courtenay's waist, wow.

who has the biggest quad at helleyer, do you know?

WarrenG said...

...Who is, Carlos?

beth bikes! said...

he is the brainchild behind http://unattachedrider.com/ and who made the sweet kits.

Itinerant Rick said...

Uggh, the trend has reversed. A couple of weeks ago I was a member of the 60+cm club, now I am quickly descending towards the sub-50cm club.

Perhaps we will sneak out to Hellyer to do some hecklin' this evening :-)

Courtenay said...

omg this is hilarious. also for the record garrett's quads are littler than mine...

and who is this "courtney" that mike says has nothin'?

sorry for the crying.

WarrenG said...

Different Carlos-not the one who makes the "Single and Available" kits.

I'll take "Really Big Things" for $200. And the answer is, He has the biggest quads at Hellyer... Who is, Carlos Johnson?

teamwelliver said...

I just measured my quads...I'm too embarrassed to post the size and still call myself a cyclist!

Manley Man said...

Size is only relative to...who knows. But I'll throw this out there; I hit my new 1 second max power today at 1,591 watts. Part of a 10 second effort that averaged 1,363.

Anonymous said...

I know I can't make any size jokes - learned my lesson - HI Beth's Mom. But please don't let some guy make you cry over the size of your quads or the size of your anything. Sure hope you were crying about something else... like tears of joy remembering the day you beat Shelley Olds.

I measured where I think my waist is/was = 99cm
Dash's quads = 30 cm

See ya tonight -
xo

Anonymous said...

66.0

So why am I not fast?????????????

Anonymous said...

"BethNewellHooliganFanClub"?

Hmmmmm.... That does not sound like acceptable family behavior.

-p said...

You were snapped:
http://nippleworks.blogspot.com/2008/07/lots-of-interesting-stuff-from.html

beth bikes! said...

BIG BROTHER!!! XOXO!

see you WEDNESDAY!!!!!!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mattio said...

beth,
mine hover at 54cm.

but my sprint's getting faster.

i don't know what to make of it.

xo,
m.