so, with only one more day til AVC, i am feeling pretty good about things. i have spent this week (and a bit of last week), doing some really, really important things to prep. these included:
- making my shoes pretty. i got a silver sharpie & a black sharpie, and now my shoes look brand new.
- also, it is time to bring out the orange tennis shoes. they aren't looking so hot these days, as they are very old and worn. but it is a big weekend, so i need to bring my lucky shoes, whether or not they are in good or bad condition. this spring, i got an inferior pair of orange sneakers that i don't like so much (but that didn't come with orange shoe laces, so of course i pulled the swap)....so, the other day i put back my neon orange shoe laces in my old ratty etonic orange sneakers. i'm feeling good about it.
- measured my quads, and i am at 61.5cm. that means that i grew 1/2 centimeter this week alone. not quite 2cm, but not bad.
- i suckered fred into re-glueing my tire, so i don't get yelled at again.
SHIT. is that all I have gotten done? how have a squandered all my freetime?!?!?! you know what i need to do tonight?
- wash my skinsuit...go to the grocery store...pack my food up for the next two days, so i don't have to deal with that at 6am saturday morning...email my friends directions...change my chainring....put a 16t on my wheel for warmup--and hope chain length is okay....get clothes together for two days...blah, blah, blah...ahhhh, i should really make a real list.
- and i need to go and get new gloves, cause in addition to me having more holes in the palms than fabric (to which kelly b can attest), i somehow lost one at work on tuesday...so now i just have one holey glove.
- but i really do need to remember my tape measure! not only is robin horowitz telling me i am going to have to get pictures of the pros all measuring their quads........BUT, i even got word this morning from Andrew from MN inquiring about the all-important quad measuring schedule! whoa. who knew that this craze is known outside of the ncnca? well, i will bring mine. and if you have a spare tape measure, that would be great, cause mine is made of paper and all torn up.
well, should be a super fun weekend. pretty excited to get s l a u g h t e r e d ! but first i have a lot to do tonight.