so yesterday after a meeting, i really wanted some coffee. i love coffee. but like all things i love, i think it is important to deprive myself of them....cause i grew up in the church and am into flagellation and all that shit. some (loosely followed) coffee rules:
- coffee is best had on monday and fridays only, unless their is social coffee hangout, in which coffee on saturday and sunday is okay
- coffee during or before biking should only be had if people buy you coffee (like the old men alameda boys). it is okay afterwards
- coffee had on tuesday, wednesday, thursday is okay on occassion. but if you have it on both of those days, then no friday coffee.
- coffee will be had black or with cream. no sugar, ever.
- coffee should not be drunk past 3pm, ever, unless you having an espresso/beer simultaneously...which you can do this up until 6pm.
- as for espresso drinks, americanos or espressos are only what to be ordered. those milky drinks are just too much
- coffee should not be drunk until at least 2 hours after waking up, and at least 8 hours before bedtime.
- most of all, coffee should be enjoyed always and never needed
well, yesterday, i had a meeting and really wanted some coffee. i am flexible, and so long as things don't become habits, that is okay. i stopped at a little place in alameda between my meeting and going to my office. and that double americano fucked me up. i sipped it all day and by 5pm i was twitching at my desk. it was awesome. i love that feeling. but it was so so good, it was all i thought about this morning.... that amazing feeling of being overly alter. i left my house early and got onto the alameda island quickly, and it was just a short detour..... and then i was biking to work with coffee cup in hand.
now, having a full cup of coffee and biking is a lot harder that i thought! how do people do it with such grace? i need to ride my rollers more often, cause i certainly have not perfected the smoothness of coffee cup and bike ride. at every stupid pothole a little more of my beloved beverage popped out the top, dribbling right on my head tube. when i got to work (albeit, i had drank some on the way), i had just over a half a cup left. :( in the scheme of life, this was probably a good thing. i feel twitchy right now and i still have lots left. that dude at the coffee shop is messin' me up. i cannot succumb to going there anymore. just on special days.... cause otherwise, i am dead meat.
yes, i am slacking on my blog. the pressure of production is getting overwhelming. here are some quad updates for the last two weeks. todays quad measurement will come tomorrow, where i promise i will finally write all about the roller races. i know all of you have been waiting anxiously.
Feb 14th: 59.5cm
Feb 21st: 59.5cm