Thursday, November 15, 2007

random ass shit

  • well, LA trip was just canceled and rescheduled for dec. 7-9. turns out ADT had a schedule change, so they aren't holding their 3-6pm training race class this week. working out logistical shit sucks, especially when after you figure it all out, you end up canceling because of late incoming information. oh well. it is cool we can still go in 4 weeks, but i am still bummed cause i was looking forward to a road trip as life is pretty much sucking these days, and i can't even blame it on PMS.....
  • fall funk.... what can you do?
  • get a new job. that sounded like a good, proactive idea. i start monday. i'll be working here. will be good to be back in community health. also, i will have a nice 10 mile bike each way to work. that will be way better than crossing the bay into SF and taking the 38L, the bus line that is the bane of existence and makes me want to slit my wrists on a daily basis. i hate that bus. i don't know what it is, but i am always the person that every random (crazy) person wants to talk to. i threw away my Labyrinth button that was pinned to my bag in a fit of rage one day because you wouldn't imagine the wide spectrum of people who just love that movie and want to talk to me about david bowie and muppets. god. i may look like a really nice person, but i promise when you get to know me i am a real bitch.
  • anyway, my couple year stay in academia has been educational for sure, but i am ready to say goodbye. although, my committment here won't wrap up for awhile, so the next couple of months i will now have the joy of having two jobs... as i am finishing writing the next best seller of health care policy books (look for publication in summer of 2008..... best seller/health care policy..... ha!)- oo la la. we just got our first outside review back. it was right on point. my favorite comment in the outside review was this: "There are no sentences that one wants to read and reread for their sheer beauty and turn of phrase." no friggin' shit. this is a book about health care financing, not chaucer.
  • other fun news is my roommate just bought a horse. she is an equestrian and jumps over stuff. she also wears spandex, but of a different variety. now that she has her own horse, i am hoping she will give me a pony ride.

look how happy i am. maybe i should take up horse riding.
  • as for my thursday measurment, here i am at 58.75cm still. i am not biking right now, so i expecting them to stay about the same or shrink shrink shrink.

3 comments:

TreBone said...

Things you've taught me today;

1) Horses = Happiness
2) The 38L = hell
3) Your blogs ROCK!

Velo Bella said...

The trip was cancelled? Aw...thats a bummer. But good for me because I might actually be able to make the new date.

You sound like you need a good heckling session.

Heavens to Betsy said...

pony rides are great, i'll try and hook you up, especially since we aren't going to be riding anything else this winter :(