Wednesday, August 22, 2007

wednesday night - out with a bang!

and by that i mean i got the bang. poopy. that is okay, fun was had by all and that means i won't feel like ass-wipe tomorrow like i did last week. i was pumped cause fred came out to the track to watch! that was sweet cause he hasn't seen me since when he took me out for beginner session. i was hoping to do great for him, but oh well. i did have one great race, so that was good at least!

Chariot Race- Round one was poopy. Fred gave me a puny push. He may be 64, but he takes Geritol, so I know he can push better. (Yeah, yeah, excuses excuses... I should have accelerated more). Oh well. For the consolation, I was ready. I got Peter to be my pusher. While he may be older than Fred (?), Peter was giving some mighty good pushes. He was also growling at me when he was holding me. Yeah, that is what I like- some growls! Boy, I was ready to kick that consolation round in the ass. Except that didn't happen cause someone cut in on me right when we started before the white line and I had to back pedal to ease up. Bummer. I know that is not allowed, but I don't think she knew. That is okay. No accidents, that is what is important! So I was way back, but I did make up some good ground on the backstretch. Oh well, next race.

Win 'n Out- Well this was a bit poopy too cause I got a little nervous when some weird stuff was happening around me. On the ups me and Karla bumpty bumped and all was good! On the downs, I picked bad wheels and didn't place. Next race. (Didn't I say that last time? Ooops!)

Tempo- I like this race. Everyone thinks I am crazy for liking it. What isn't to like-- lots of sprints and fastness the whole f-ing time! Well, it started waaay fast when those MV dudes kicked it like it was their job on lap one. Gareth flew around and I knew I wouldn't be close to getting points. Patience, patience. It is 8 laps and I was hoping they coudln't hold it. Lap 3 the pack split up and people were dropping, including those hard pushers from the gun. Lap 4 (i think?) I went for points cause I realized I could. I think I got 2nd, so 1 point. (I am hazy on the points, though). Then I made a break and got first on the next lap. Then the lap after that I was holding that break like a champion. I either got 1st or 2nd on that lap. I may have done good on the lap after that, but then I was toast and cruised in on lap 8. This was sweet race for me. I don't know how many points I got or what place I came in, but I rode smart and strong, so that was excellent!

Miss 'n Out- Cause I always blow myself at the back, i thought i'd try my hand at the front. I did that for the first half of the race. Then I found myself at the back again. I nipped some people, got down to 7 or so, then I totally didn't time my kick well and didn't get it. That was dumb of me cause usually when I get out in this race it is cause i am tired and can't sprint anymore...but i had lots more in me for sure, I just didn't time myself properly. Oh well. As Courtney says, "everyone is a winner in the miss 'n out!" But I am happy to report that Alicia totally rocked the house on this race. I am also happy to report that Alicia and I are going to do the team sprint together, so hopefully we'll rock at that too!

Well, one great race, one okay race, 2 poopy races. I am feeling not so exhausted...not exhausted like last Wedneday - my god i thought i was going to die i was tired last week from those kierins! So, I think I will be in better form for the looong points race tomorrow. Well, I hope I will be in better form!

me on the fence with julie, from last week. she wasn't there to kick my ass this week, but i bet she will be there tomorrow at the points race to kick my ass. can't wait!

8 comments:

place_holder said...

Does Fred know about this blog? No new entry to the Analects of Fred??

Once again: kEIrin

Anonymous said...

fun stuff...sorry i missed it - went on a long ride instead but it was so dang hot yesterday!

end of track training for me this season...

getting ready for some cat1, cat2 and cat3 climbs soon....yay!

I might come out tonight to watch...

Velo Bella said...

thanks for the report! I was bummed to miss the last session. I am going to try and make tonight though...we'll see.

Gilby said...

Quad report?

Grey said...

last night was a blur. i woke up eating burritos with bennet in san mateo at 10:00pm.

you and alicia in the team sprint sounds like a good team. she was impressive last night.

place_holder said...

hey, i need the quad data! please, please, please?

beth bikes! said...

m- i left my measuring tape at home like a little ninny, so i will have to measure tonight when i get home. sorry, that "i before e, except after c" thing screws me up sometimes. kEIrin. got it.

flandria, vb, & grey- hope to see you tonight!

Itinerant Rick said...

Yea, whassup with the lack of quad measurements? Everyone is shirking. Science needs to progress!

Just one more tiny little question: did you ride like a German? Rrrrr.