Monday, January 08, 2007

i don't have a face

Early Bird #1

I had a crash in the early birds yesterday. i was pretty bummed because I was feeling really good pack riding and thought I was doing a good job...but guess not!

I took BART to the race/session. There were probably about 50 people there, which was awesome! We had an hour of mentoring where we working on taking a good line through the corners, riding over bot-dots, and pacelines. I felt pretty good here. The mentors were very nice. Anyway, I wish I could tell you something about the race, but it is all a dream-like blur. During the race I tried to stay near the front part and thought I was doing pretty well...the next thing I remember I was sitting in van waiting to go the ER.

Thank you to everyone for your help. I wish I could remember all, but Taitt Sato (I went to one of her clinics this fall) sat with me for awhile. Fred, Don, and Alice all took me to the hospital and were extremely nice, despite my state of delirium. I bet I was talking about some pretty stupid stuff.

on the way to the hospital:

Them: What's the date?
Me: I dunno.
Them: January 7th.
Me: January 7th? Shit-- I don't remember Christmas.

Good thing I had my priorities in line.

I can't remember the crash, but they say someone fell in front of me and I hit her and landed right on my face. Let me tell you, I am looking H-O-T-T-T-T. I realized what an idiot I was when i was in the ER and I flirting with some ER technician...and then I realized what I looked like. Good one, Beth.

Here are the specs:
  • 12 stitches in my face
  • totally fucked up teeth. as in, i have an underbite. i need to push them back with a popsicle stick. i'll be on soft food for awhile...mmm, ensure and baby food.
  • right eye is nearly swollen shut
  • can't remember what happened - bit of short term memory loss. sucks, cause i need to get a new helmet now.
Here's the day after picture! (looking much better already!)

No comments: